export over ftp.

DeeJay smartgpx at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 22:23:25 GMT 2010

On 13 February 2010 17:52, Eric Berry <elberry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi DJ,
>

>> Just a suggestion that you might find it easier to interact by asking
>> this question
>> HERE > https://answers.launchpad.net/bzr - but I'm sure people will help
>> on this
>> list if they can.
>
> Thanks, and sorry. :) I will remember to use the LP answers in the future.

It was suggestion, not a commandment or reprimand. What Martin says in
this respect is definitive.

>> You don't say what bzr operations you have actually tried - can you give
>> the
>> command you issued?
>
> I was using bzr export. I was hoping I could simply export my project to a
> remote directory on FTP. I know you can push changes to a branch hosted
> through FTP.

I get the same error.

It isn't clear from 'bzr help export' whether the DESTINATION
semantics can deal with a URL referring to a remote system, or whether
the export can only be to the local system.

Because of the error we both see I suspect the latter - can anyone
more familiar with code confirm, please?

DJ