Drupal considering moving to bzr or git (from CVS)

Eugene Wee crystalrecursion at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 10:15:02 GMT 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Parth Malwankar
<parth.malwankar at gmail.com> wrote:
> This might be of interest to the list (and I didn't see it mentioned here).
>
> http://webchick.net/node/76

Sounds like the battle is nearly lost already (webchick has "sent off
an official recommendation tonight to the Powers That Be and the
infrastructure list, so we'll find out what happens from here").

Of the five points cited by webchick in the conclusion, two were
evaluated as neutral (features and learning curve), one was evaluated
as not relevant (Launchpad), and two were evaluated as favourable to
git (community traction across the Internet and Drupal itself, and the
flow of Drupal developers and code to Github). It seems that Windows
GUI is the only possible blocker remaining for git, but webchick
apparently was satisfied that it is usable for git, despite concerns
about the possible second class citizenship of Windows with respect to
git that was cited earlier in the discussion.

Regards,
Eugene Wee