merge says that a directory is not versioned, but it is

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Mon Feb 8 07:58:33 GMT 2010

    > On 7 February 2010 00:49, Óscar Fuentes <ofv at wanadoo.es> wrote:
    >> Output of `bzr merge':
    >>
    >> Conflict adding files to tests/cases/thread.  Created directory.
    >> Conflict because tests/cases/thread is not versioned, but has versioned
    >> children.  Versioned directory.
    >> Conflict adding file tests/cases/thread.  Moved existing file to
    >> tests/cases/thread.moved.
    >> Contents conflict in tests/cases/thread/thread-wrapper.wra
    >>
    >> "tests/cases/thread" is versioned. In fact, the working copy is
    >> pristine. That directory contains the same files on both branches, so
    >> there is no file to add, just merge the changes to one of them. Is this
    >> a bug or there is a cause for considering that the directory is not
    >> versioned?
    >>
    >> I also find complex to resolve this kind of conflict.

    > Vincent is working on the general area of conflicts and has some notes
    > in <http://wiki.bazaar.canonical.com/VincentLadeuil/ConflictResolution>

Yes, bzr could do better here and I'm trying to make it easier to
*understand* how the conflicts occurred and also make it easier to
resolve the most common cases by telling 'bzr resolve' which
branch you want to take into account (but in most of the cases,
you want to take *both* branches into account).

    Vincent