[rfc] stable releases and plugins

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Thu Feb 4 22:52:18 GMT 2010

Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> writes:

> We want to ship mutually consistent and stable sets of bzr and
> associated things that remain for the lifetime of that branch.  By
> 'stable' I mean having a low risk of new bugs and a low risk of API
> breakage

To avoid ambiguity (I hear “stable” and the connotation is more “doesn't
move much”, which can often be a *bad* thing), I recommend using
“reliable” for the meaning you're aiming for here.

--
 \       “… one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was |
  `\        that, lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful |