Bazaar Explorer 1.0beta ready for testing

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Feb 3 18:26:53 GMT 2010

On 3 February 2010 18:16, A. S. Budden <abudden at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 February 2010 16:36, Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at canonical.com> wrote:
>> I'm planning to release explorer 1.0beta around my Friday morning,
>> around 36 hours from now. This version will be bundled with bzr 2.1.0 so
>> I'd like to ensure the quality is as least as good as previous releases.
>>
>> There's are a *heap* of nice new features so please grab rev 401, read
>> NEWS and test furiously!

I have some qualms about taking lots of changes in to plugins after
bzr 2.1.0rc1.  Bazaar itself is supposed to have bugfixes only from
that point on, and I think shipped plugins should take the same
approach.  Specifically I don't want us to ship any plugin changes
post rc1 unless we're sure they're safe fixes.

The point of the release process is to release a good version of the
features we have at the rc point, not to do further development.
Later stuff can go into 2.2b1.

Basically every release where we've let people scrape features in
under or after the deadline it has caused regressions.  I don't want
to go there again.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>