bzr serve and access control?

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Tue Feb 2 10:32:18 GMT 2010

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 09:35:44AM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> Josef Wolf <jw at raven.inka.de> writes:
>
> > But still, people need multiple ssh keys: one key per repository.
>
> Why do you say that? The same public key can appear in an arbitrary
> number of locations, with the result that each location will accept the
> same corresponding private key.

Ben, maybe you can describe in more detail how to setup this?

AFAICS, you have three options:

1. Create user accounts and rely on filesystem access control. This way
   you end up with having lots of user accounts, which you might not want
   to have, since it is a server. In addition, managing user groups
   become a pain very quickly.

2. Create one account per repository and use authorized_keys to give
   permission to users. No way to give read-only access this way.
   In addition, it is not possible to give users possibility to create
   new repositories on the fly by themselves.

3. Use bzr_access (or a similar method). Here, every user needs multiple
   keys (one key for every repository he wants to access).
   As above, we can't give read-only access to specific users this way.

What am I missing?