Message in Bazaar Explorer

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Mon Feb 1 04:46:49 GMT 2010

Russel Winder wrote:
> Ian,
>
> Looking at a branch tab in a Bazaar Explorer instance started in a
> shared repository where the branch has changes in the working tree that
> need committing, then in the "What's next? section the second sentence
> reads:
> "Snapshot the current content as a new revision".  I think this should
> perhaps be "Commit the current content as a new revision" since the
> operation is commit and not snapshot.

The text being displayed is indeed the "status line help" text shown
when the user hovers over the Commit toolbar or menu action. I avoided
the word commit because explaining "commit" in terms of "commit" didn't
seem a good idea. :-)

In which way is the text confusing? I'm OK to change it if there's a
genuine issue. (Keep in mind though that changing the English implies a
new string on the most frequently used Explorer display needing to be
translated in ~ 20 languages, so I won't change it without a clear
reason to do so.)

Ian C.