Show open locks

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Fri Jan 29 14:31:49 GMT 2010

2010/1/29 Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu.org>:
>> From: Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net>
>> Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:08:02 +0200
>>
>> This is the bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/174055
>
> Thanks, but is it really related to "bzr info" not reporting locks?
>
> Or are you talking about removing the restriction of the lock on
> read-only operations such as "status"?  If so, I think I already asked
> about that here (in the context of a slightly different use-case), and
> the answer was that it was necessary.  I don't know nearly enough
> about Bazaar internals to argue with that.

'bzr info -v' will show 'lockdir' locks; as far as I know this is
working.  Lockdir locks are only taken when writing; there is no read
lock.

info doesn't report on OS file locks which is what you're seeing here.
 You could file a bug asking for it.  It would be possible to do.
Please tag it 'dirstate locking'.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>