Pushing after merge considered harmful

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jan 27 01:45:57 GMT 2010

Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu.org> writes:

> How many such non-programmer users are among Bazaar users? Did anybody
> bother to take a poll? My guess would be zero.

Quite definitely higher than zero, since I work with several such
people.

> Why would a non-programmer use a VCS?

Because they wish to track software that is not programs: documentation,
translation tables, et cetera. Many of them may even work alongside
programmers, but there should be no reason for them to *be* programmers,
or even to grok programming concepts.

--
 \                 “Today, I was — no, that wasn't me.” —Steven Wright |
Ben Finney