2.0.4 and 2.1.0rc1 have gone gold

Danny van Heumen danny at dannyvanheumen.nl
Fri Jan 22 17:59:21 GMT 2010

John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> [snip]
> I'll try to remember it. It isn't automated like the rest (I haven't had
> the time to figure out if you can script 7zip), so it may require a ping
> from you closer to the 2.1.0 final release.
I'm not exactly clear on what you mean by 'script', but the 7z.exe
commandline tool can do about anything that the GUI app can do.

And I'm quite sure - although I'm doing this from an old memory - that
there is a way to make the package self-extracting and add an "install
script" that executes a certain program or batch script on extraction,
if this should be needed.

--
Danny