bazaar Digest, Vol 59, Issue 89

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull at sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Fri Jan 22 11:27:31 GMT 2010

Adrian Wilkins writes:
 > On 22/01/10 09:15, Ben Finney <ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
 > > Max, can you be explicit about which clause(s) in which license you're
 > > referring to?
 >
 > "The image and icon files in Launchpad are copyright Canonical, but
 > unlike the source code they are not licensed under the AGPLv3. Canonical
 > grants you the right to use them for testing and development purposes
 > only, but not to use them in production (commercially or non-commercially)."
 >
 > https://dev.launchpad.net/LaunchpadLicense

This is very similar to "branding" issues with RHEL and Mozilla
products.

What I did in a case like this to write a script which looks for all
the icon and image files and replaces them with an image of the same
size containing the file name.  Sorry, the script is long since lost.

In theory you also have to check for trademarks and trade names in the
file names, but I can't imagine that you'd ever have to deal with
anything worse than a lawyer letter giving you a list of file names
and the sentence "fix it". :-)