trac-bzr 0.3.0

Michael Gliwinski Michael.Gliwinski at henderson-group.com
Fri Jan 22 11:26:29 GMT 2010

On Friday 18 December 2009 13:41:57 Martin von Gagern wrote:
> Hello!
>
> It is my pleasure to announce that trac-bzr 0.3.0 has been released.
>
> This is the first official release of this plugin integrating Bazaar
> branches into the Trac environment. It is still considered beta quality
> for lack of testing, but should be a major improvement on previous
> versions nevertheless.
>
> For those of you running Trac sites, I would welcome any testing and
> feedback of both kinds, notices of working setups preferrably in the
> form of E-Mails, and problem reports preferrably using the launchpad bug
> tracker.
>
> Links:
> https://launchpad.net/trac-bzr/0.3/0.3.0
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/TracBzr
>
> Greetings,
>  Martin von Gagern

Hi Martin, I just got around to testing the new trac-bzr plugin and so far
everything seems to work great.  Thank you for your awesome work!

I do have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. revisions are showing up in form PROJECT,BRANCH,REVNO; from the HACKING
document I gather this is expected, yes?  the question is, when using
TracLinks to refer to say, a specific revision of a specific file, do you
also have to use this form?

2. do you think there would be some way to avoid that when there is enough
context?  e.g. if I have a link like [source:/project/branch/path/to/file at 10]
then could the branch not be determined from the path?

3. revisions in the source browser show up as PROJECT,BRANCH,REVNO; while when
using the Branches macro they show up simply as [REVNO]; any way to make the
source browser behave the same way?

4. failed to get the primary_branches setting working; I have it set
to 'trunk,[0-9]*,' but still PROJECT/some_feature shows up before
PROJECT/trunk; any tips on debugging it?  (I have trac's debug log enabled
but nothing relevant in there)

I haven't had a look at the code yet, am a bit pressed for time ATM, but I'll
try to have a look soon.

Thanks again for your great work,

--
Michael Gliwinski
Henderson Group Information Services

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee and access to the email by anyone else is unauthorised.
When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed  in the governing client engagement leter or contract.
If you have received this email in error please notify support at henderson-group.com

John Henderson (Holdings) Ltd
Registered office: 9 Hightown Avenue, Mallusk, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, BT36 4RT.
Registered in Northern Ireland
Registration Number NI010588
Vat No.: 814 6399 12