Repository problems after bzr svn-import, ghost revisions

David Muir davidkmuir at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 01:03:12 GMT 2010

Anteru wrote:
>> And, 'bzr check' reports errors (the inconsistent parent issue).  That
>> may not keep the branch from working correctly, but it's certainly
>> disturbing from a user and admin perspective. :-(
>
> As far as I can tell, bzr reconcile fixed all inconsistent parents
> without problems, but it took some while. Currently, check only shows
> 20 ghost revisions and no errors. Anyway, diff being broken is kinda
> annoying :/
>
> Cheers,
>  Anteru

There are several commands that don't work with ghost revisions, so I
hope Jelmer's patch will fix it.

I've got the same problem, and the only way I've been able to deal with
it is by adding dummy history to the branch, so the diffs get run off of
real revisions rather than ghosts. Even that is a pain though, as I
can't use shelve, since that doesn't work with ghosts either.

Thanks for pointing out bzr reconcile. I didn't know about that command.
Now I can fix my 1400 inconsistent parents :-)

David