Release notes 2.1 entry for ‘suppress_warnings’

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jan 20 04:00:15 GMT 2010

Howdy all,

The release notes for the upcoming release 2.1 contains this entry:

    The suppress_warnings configuration option has been introduced and
    accept the format_deprecation value to disable the corresponding warning
    for repositories. It can be set to in either bazaar.conf, locations.conf
    or branch.conf. (Ted Gould, Matthew Fuller, Vincent Ladeuil)

    <URL:http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/bzr.dev/en/release-notes/bzr-2.1.0rc1-%28not-released-yet%29.html>

I can't parse either of those sentences. I can guess possible meanings,
but it seems there are words missing, added, or both.

Thank you very much to those who take the time to write the release
notes entries; it's very important for evaluating a new version.
Nevertheless, can someone who understands that new feature please
re-word it in more natural English?

--
 \      “God forbid that any book should be banned. The practice is as |
  `\                  indefensible as infanticide.” —Dame Rebecca West |