[ANNOUNCE] bzr-git 0.4.3

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Jan 19 03:15:06 GMT 2010

I'm happy to release the availability of the next version of bzr-git,
version 0.4.3.

Changes in this release:

 BUG FIXES

  * Fix warning about unclosed files on Windows. (#441978, INADA Naoki)

  * Support creating working tree for existing repository.

  * Fix base url of Git branches - use the working tree path rather
than
    the control directory path.

  * Fix fetching between git repositories. (#449507)

  * Refuse pulling into non-rich-root branches rather than erroring
    out with an AttributeError. (#449507)

  * Unquote paths extracted from URLs. (#445156)

 PERFORMANCE

  * Improve performance of WorkingTree.extras() by not looking up the
    SHA1, kind and stat data of each file.

  * Provide custom InterTree for faster deltas between git working
trees
    and revision trees.

  * Provide custom InterTree for faster deltas between git revision
trees.

  * Fix several places where a lot of memory was being consumed,
especially
    for repositories with a large number of revisions or big trees.
    (#486076)

 FEATURES

  * Support for parsing --HG-- metadata in git commit messages, for
    better interoperability with bzr-hg.

  * Submodules are now imported. This requires the use of the
    development-subtree format in bzrlib though. (#402814)

The package can be downloaded from:

 * http://samba.org/~jelmer/bzr/bzr-git-0.4.3.tar.gz

A signature made with my key (D729A457) can be found at:

 * http://samba.org/~jelmer/bzr/bzr-git-0.4.3.tar.gz.asc

Cheers,

Jelmer