Improving init workflow on Eclipse (was Re: Improving init workflow)

Brian de Alwis briandealwis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 19:00:07 GMT 2010

Sorry Timmie, I meant to reply to your email a while back.

On 5-Jan-2010, at 4:50 PM, Tim Michelsen wrote:
> Also, when using the Eclipse IDE, it comes more complicated:
>
> 1) create a new Pydev project "newproject" in Eclipse
>    (This creates the .project and other Eclipse files)
> 2) close Eclipse
> 3) cp newproject newproject_ecl
> 4) bzr init sftp://my.remote.server.net/
> 5) bzr co sftp://my.remote.server.net/newproject
> 6) cp -r newproject_ecl/* newproject
>   (copy the Eclipse configurations in the checked out working branch)
> 7) rm-rf newproject_ecl
>
> I would appreciate any hints on how to accelerate this procedure.

Why don't you simply push the new project?  E.g.,

1) create new Pydev project "newproject" in Eclipse
2) bzr init
3) bzr add
4) bzr push --remember sftp://my.remote.server.net/newproject
5) bzr bind :push

It will have the same effect (modulo the bind/checkout differences summarized on the list).  You can skip #3 if you don't want to push the initial set of files.

Brian.

--
On bike helmets: "If you think your hair is more important than your brain, you're probably right."  (B. J. Wawrykow)