Migration from SVN

Anteru newsgroups at catchall.shelter13.net
Sat Jan 16 14:09:39 GMT 2010

Hi,

running into more issues here ;)

We've done some preliminary testing by hosting the bazaar repository using
bzr --serve here, which seems to work fine. Small question here: While it's
possible to create branches from the client side, we couldn't find a way to
delete branches again? A quick search on the web didn't reveal any way to do
this, so I guess the admin will have to regularly go and clean the
repository of abandoned branches using OS tools.

For the SVN import, we're using svn-import, which seems to work fine for us.
Unless some can recommend fast-import-*, we're going to stick with
svn-import.

Looking again at the hosting issue, the docs (http://tinyurl.com/y937xq8)
indicate that for each repository, a special rule needs to be set up. I.e.
if we want to have /foo and /bar repositories, we have to manually direct
/foo to (for instance) /home/bzr/repositories/foo and the same for /bar. Is
it possible to configure it such that we only provide a single repository
folder, and /<whatever> simply tries to access the repository at
/home/bzr/repositories/<whatever>?

Finally, the docs say at the end that it's possible to do authentication
using https; does someone have a working example of hosting Bazaar
repositories using authentication via https? Ideally we'd like to find some
page which compares all the possible ways to serve Bazaar repositories
together with their advantages/disadvantages ...

Cheers,
  Anteru