branch --bind or branch --bound?

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Thu Jan 14 16:38:16 GMT 2010

Michael Gliwinski пишет:
> On Tuesday 12 January 2010 01:32:47 David Muir wrote:
>> Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>>> Matthew D. Fuller writes:
>>>  > On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 03:37:23PM +1000 I heard the voice of
>>>  >
>>>  > Ian Clatworthy, and lo! it spake thus:
>>>  > > * --bind (because branch --bind == branch + bind), or
>>>  > > * --bound (because it creates a bound branch)?
>>>  >
>>>  > I vote for --bind because it's a verb, and you're asking for an
>>>  > action.
>>>
>>> +1
>> --bound makes more sense IMO because we already have --stacked, and
>> --standalone.
>>
>> David
>
> Probably too late anyways but...
>
> I agree you're asing for an action, but 'branch' is the word asking for that
> action (create a branch), '--bound' specifies what kind of branch.  '--bind'
> doesn't fit well (suppose '--and-bind' would make more sense but is a bit too
> much ;))

C:\>bzr branch --usage
Purpose: Create a new branch that is a copy of an existing branch.
Usage:   bzr branch FROM_LOCATION [TO_LOCATION]

   --use-existing-dir    By default branch will fail if the target directory
                         exists, but does not already have a control
directory.
                         This flag will allow branch to proceed.
   --stacked             Create a stacked branch referring to the source
                         branch. The new branch will depend on the
availability
                         of the source branch for all operations.
   -v, --verbose         Display more information.
   --standalone          Do not use a shared repository, even if available.
   -h, --help            Show help message.
   -q, --quiet           Only display errors and warnings.
   --switch              Switch the checkout in the current directory to the
                         new branch.
   --hardlink            Hard-link working tree files where possible.
   --usage               Show usage message and options.
   --no-tree             Create a branch without a working-tree.
   -r ARG, --revision=ARG
                         See "help revisionspec" for details.

There is also --switch and --hardlink. For any taste.