[ANN] bzr-colo 0.0.1: colocated branches using present technology

Neil Martinsen-Burrell nmb at wartburg.edu
Mon Jan 11 20:20:40 GMT 2010

On 2010-01-11 03:06 , Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> Neil Martinsen-Burrell пишет:
>> This plugin does not add any new formats or objects to Bazaar, it simply
>> provides convenience commands for working with a certain *convention*
>> for branch storage. This plugin provides the following commands
>>
>> * colo-init
>> * colo-branch
>> * colo-branches
>> * colo-fetch
>> * colo-clone
>> * colo-prune
>> * colo-clean
>> * colo-ify
>
> There is one more command required: to adjust the checkout location if
> user move the colo branch on the filesystem. Because bzr uses absolute
> path to master branch it's very necessary.
>
> Also see https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/330086

It's mentioned in the Tutorial under Limitations.  I suggest using ``bzr
switch --force`` there.  From the root of the checkout, you can use
relative paths ``bzr switch --force ./.bzr/branches/trunk``.

>> For more information on working with this plugin, see ``bzr help
>> colo-tutorial`` and the help for the individual commands.
>
> Why you put tutorial into python file? Why not use text file and
> register help text as topic?

Because I'd like my plugins to be installable with distutils and it's
easier to get a .py file installed than a .txt file.  Patches to use
package_data are welcome.

-Neil