[RFC] Sphinx 0.6 or later will be required for packaging bzr 2.1

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Mon Jan 11 08:05:15 GMT 2010

John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> Ian Clatworthy wrote:

>> If anyone is concerned about the above, please speak up ASAP. Otherwise,
>> I'll be submitting patches in coming weeks to move to Sphinx-only doc
>> generation.

> I'm concerned about what it will take to make sure the 2.1 Windows
> installers build correctly. I think it is surmountable, just work that
> needs to be done.

FWIW, the Windows installer requires chm files which can *only* be built
using Sphinx. As using the older "pre REST" stuff I want to remove is
not an option for the Windows installer, I can't see how dropping
support for doctools (and only supporting Sphinx) can have any impact on
you?

Can you elaborate on your concerns please?

Ian C.