[RFC] branch --bind

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Fri Jan 8 11:20:02 GMT 2010

<snip/>

    Scott> That's fine, and I agree completely... but what if your the one
    Scott> doing the landing after reviewing? Can you not see a case for a
    Scott> branch to be bound to parent,

When parent_location == push_location, yes of course.

But I still consider the two as conceptually different even if
they are indeed physically the same.

I have some bound branches set like this (with push_location ==
parent_location) so that I can 'bzr push ; bzr bind' after
working offline for some commits (I never use 'commit --local', I
always 'bzr unbind' first).

    Scott> particularly if you have a treeless mainline on a
    Scott> server?

I agree this is a valid use case, I never implied otherwise. I
just consider that I bind to the push location, not the parent
location. While I realize it may be easier for that particular
use case, I tend to prefer issuing the two commands separately
and was just mentioning it as a data point.

    Vincent