Contributor agreement

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Tue Dec 1 23:18:17 GMT 2009

John Szakmeister <john at szakmeister.net> writes:

> So, I've avoided signing this agreement

I've also avoided signing it as written, because it contains a clause
(§5) that I can't agree to. Martin is facilitating (it seems he agrees
with me that it's both unacceptable and rather pointless) and working
with the Appropriate Persons to get it fixed.

> because it's unclear to me what my rights are in this agreement. It
> seems like I can do almost anything with my contributions, but I'm not
> sure what the extent is.
[…]

Have you looked at the copyright assignment the FSF requests of
contributors? (I have not.) It might be instructive to compare them.

> I don't want to start a long thread about this...

Nor I, but I wanted to raise the above issue and report current
progress, in case other people were having similar thoughts.

--
 \     “It's my belief we developed language because of our deep inner |
  `\                  need to complain.” —Jane Wagner, via Lily Tomlin |