bzr stat hangs on nfs4 share

Albert Cervin albert at nat0.se
Fri Nov 27 21:05:27 GMT 2009

I have a nfs4 share exported (/etc/exports further down) on a server
running karmic. When i access bazaar branches on this share from my
client machine and do bzr stat, everything just hangs.

/etc/exports line on the server
/srv/stuff
192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0(rw,sync,fsid=0,crossmnt,no_subtree_check)

I then mount the share with default options on a machine running karmic
desktop edition (64-bit).

Similar behaviour has been discussed here
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bzr/+bug/403697) but in that
thread it's said that the problem goes away in karmic but that is not
the case for me.

I can also add that the problem does not occur with other Bazaar
commands like bzr diff, or if i use NFS3.

Please help!