Usage discussion from the GNU Emacs project.

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Fri Nov 27 18:22:05 GMT 2009

Brian de Alwis <briandealwis at gmail.com> writes:

>> An interesting concept there might be a "bzr server" for *local*
>> operation.  Ie, you "bzr log" on your favorite project.
> [...]
>
> If you haven't already, check out 'bzr shell' from bzrtools: it does
> exactly this, and it is amazing how fast bzr feels as a result.

I thought about bzr shell too, but for operations that feel slow it
takes practically the same time as invoking bzr. For instance,

bzr log -l 10 <some file>

on the Emacs trunk branch requires the same time on the shell (a bit
more than 6 seconds on a fast machine, more than 20 seconds on a
netbook).

[snip]

--
Óscar