"Best" setup for local mirrors.

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Sat Nov 21 01:42:56 GMT 2009

On Friday 20 November 2009 20:01:09 Algis Kabaila wrote:
> On Friday 20 November 2009 11:21:57 Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> > Algis Kabaila wrote:
> > > One curious aspect of qlog - when the branches in "mirror" are bound
> > > ('binded'?) to launchpad branches, the command goes to launchpad to
> > > include the revisions in the log.  That slows the qlog down.  This is
> > > not a criticism of qlog - just an observation.
> >
> > It shouldn't be going to LP to log a bound branch if there's a local
> > mirror. Why do you think it's doing that?
>
> Because it takes inordinately long time to show the logs if the branch is
> bound.  The bound branch is my 'mirror'.  It is probably caused by my,
> apparently awkward, routine:  push a branch of the 'mirror' to the
> launchpad to keep the launchpad in sync with the local 'mirror'.
>
> I guess *launchpad* is the *mirror* of my local repository.

If I unbind, my "mirror" from lp, the speed of qlog action is quite fast.  It
was instructive to bind -
* bind mirror/fem2 to launchpad
* test qlog by issuing bzr qlog ... file list command
* ubind
* test qlog
etc.

I did that before putting down on paper that qlog IMO goes to launchpad during
commit if the commited/committing branch is bound to launchpad.

OldAl.