"Best" setup for local mirrors.

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Fri Nov 20 09:01:09 GMT 2009

On Friday 20 November 2009 11:21:57 Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> Algis Kabaila wrote:
> > One curious aspect of qlog - when the branches in "mirror" are bound
> > ('binded'?) to launchpad branches, the command goes to launchpad to
> > include the revisions in the log.  That slows the qlog down.  This is not
> > a criticism of qlog - just an observation.
>
> It shouldn't be going to LP to log a bound branch if there's a local
> mirror. Why do you think it's doing that?

Because it takes inordinately long time to show the logs if the branch is
bound.  The bound branch is my 'mirror'.  It is probably caused by my,
apparently awkward, routine:  push a branch of the 'mirror' to the launchpad
to keep the launchpad in sync with the local 'mirror'.

I guess *launchpad* is the *mirror* of my local repository.

Al.