What's Canonical thinking about Bazaar?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Nov 5 06:41:12 GMT 2009

Ben Finney writes:

 > > Sure.  That doesn't mean that "corporate product" is meaningless in
 > > marketing.
 >
 > I really don't know how you'd read what I've been saying as implying
 > anything like that.

How could I not?  You've given no reasons why "community project" is
better than "corporate product", you've just assumed it is a primary
goal as far as I can see.  You've ignored Martin's request for an
explanation of what "community ownership" means.  (I suppose I could
take that as a compliment to my own post on the subject.... ;-)

 > Anyway, I'm sure others are as tired of this thread as I am. If the
 > PTB at Canonical haven't heard the concerns raised yet, I doubt
 > further input from me in this thread is going to make it happen.
 > I'll wait for further developments (and respond as appropriate at
 > that time).

That's probably best, but while you're waiting, please think about how
to present your position to non-KoolAid-drinkers like Martin.  He
seems genuinely puzzled about what you're on about.