converting CVS repo to bzr

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Mon Oct 26 14:05:35 GMT 2009

Ian Clatworthy пишет:
> Alexander,
>
> Thanks for the testing and feedback. At a minimum, it sounds like we
> need to provide much better documentation. Maybe we need some code
> changes as well to try and detect that the cvs.exe is one that works.

Ian, some suggestions re fast-export-from-cvs.

1) For Windows users there is need to specify path to 3 utilities: GNU sort, native CVS client,
cvs2bzr script.

2) Because bzr.exe has python interpreter and all required libs inside there is not possible to
"install" cvs2bzr. So just using default python interpreter with path to cvs2bzr script will be
enough. E.g. running cvs2bzr as

python C:\path\to\cvs2svn\cvs2bzr [OPTIONS] [ARGS]

Or

C:\Python25\python.exe C:\Python25\Scripts\cvs2bzr ....

3) There is too much command-line options for cvs2bzr script but I've got success only with options
file. I'm not sure what you can do about this.

4) unxutils.sf.net seems dead. Perhaps it's worth to mention alternative source for GNU tools ported
for win32: gnuwin32.sf.net

If you need to experiment with repo I've used (FTE from sf.net) I can send you tarball.