Translations of bzr-explorer

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Fri Oct 16 04:11:39 BST 2009

On Friday 16 October 2009 10:19:22 Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> Philippe Lhoste wrote:
> > On 15/10/2009 07:42, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> >> it would be better in such circumstances to translate to something
> >> like this:
> >>
> >> E&xit
> >> Išvykti - &x

I have slightly modified the above one to

Išvykti - (&x)

As for Lithuanian (and Latvian, but maybe not Estonian),  a keyboard setup
change (which on my PC is a "windows" key that is unused for "normal" Linux is
the hot key for the swap). In the translation to Lithuanian, I prefer to keep
to the same hot key symbol as in the English original.  BTW, the above example
is a particularly hard example.

> > But that's a start. That's also why I named top-level menus like I did
> > (Fichier, Affichage, Options...).
>
> Nice thread. Could someone please take a moment to update
> http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrTranslations? At a minimum, we should link to
> this thread. Better still would be the capture the agreed policies in
> another Wiki page and link to that instead (or as well).
>
> Ian C.

Thanks for a nice comment - sort of a "stamp of approval".  I would opt for
the Wiki page, where we could continue refining things as time permits.

I would be happy to start a page, if somebody points me to the right
direction.  I am so "green" in this area that I have not fathomed where the
wiki is and a suitable location for a new "translations" page.

BTW, some time ago I did coordinate the (mostly dormant) wiki page at Canberra
PCUG for a few years:
(http://www.pcug.org.au/oss/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=OpenSource.TheAdmin),
until I claimed an "E&xit" on account of senility.  Actually, it mainly
required too much stirring to solicit any contributions.

Of course, Philippe is more knowledgeable than I and He would be a better
person to do it.

OldAl.

--
Algis Kabaila, MEngSc, PhD(Eng)