1st post, so some basic questions

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Oct 8 04:45:54 BST 2009

2009/10/8 lance raymond <lance.raymond at gmail.com>:
> Here is my scenario.  We come from using subversion on 8 older CentOS
> machines and those are now replaced with ubuntu-server-8.10.  Subversion
> uses centralized, so you checkout the branch, commit and it goes to the 8
> webservers.
>
> Now I tried to add the repo for 2.x and trying to install get the following;

>   bzr: Depends: python-central (>= 0.6.11) but 0.6.7ubuntu1 is to be
> installed
>        Recommends: bzrtools but it is not going to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>
> I have battled around trying to get these met, but nothing.  I am still new
> to bzr, so what loss will I have if I remove that source, install the repo'd
> version (1.6) and work from there.
>
> Basically I just want to modify some files, commit them and have them pushed
> to the other 7 servers.

Hi Lance,

Can you please post the contents of your /etc/apt/sources.list file,
and/or tell us where you're trying to install bzr from?  The Intrepid
version in the official bzr ppa
<https://edge.launchpad.net/~bzr/+archive/ppa?field.series_filter=intrepid>
has

 Depends: libc6 (>= 2.4), zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4), python (<< 2.6), python
(>= 2.4), python-central (>= 0.6.7), python (>> 2.5) |
python-celementtree

so sohuld not be causing this problem

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>