Bazaar Explorer Visual Tour

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Fri Oct 2 01:48:58 BST 2009

On Thursday 01 October 2009 23:13:35 Algis Kabaila wrote:
> On Thursday 01 October 2009 19:58:09 Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> > An initial draft of the Bazaar Explorer Visual Tour is now online. See
> > http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/explorer/en/visual-tour-windows.html.
> >
> > I'm still planning to put together an Explorer User Guide but that will
> > take a week or two instead of the few hours this took. I hope this
> > provides enough documentation in the meantime.
> >
> > The tour above has Windows screenshots. It would be nice to also have
> > one of these for the other major desktops: GNOME, KDE and OS X. Any
> > volunteers to collect matching screenshots on those platforms?
> >
> > Ian C.
>
> I will try to immitate you with a ubuntu (gnome with Qt4.x), but I am slow.
> Like now, I am off to bed... (The same time zone as yours).
>
> OldAl.

"A nIght's work is day's joke..." says a Lithuanian proverb.  As I said just
before going to bed last night, I would be pleased to follow your example in
doing a version of the visual tour with gnome, but I do not know what I am
talking about...  So better write off my "enthusiasm to contribute" to an old
age aberation.

I am happy to make public confessions of my failures if they are of some use.
I also still plan to try to follow your steps in the visual tour, a tour which
I think is excellent.

However, I need to learn at every step.  The only versioning tools I used are
RCS and Subversion and it is a fair jump to Bazaar.  I am sure that the
Explorer will be a great help to achieve that, but I will be blundering along
the way.

OldAl.