RFC: Home page design

Francis J. Lacoste francis.lacoste at canonical.com
Tue Sep 1 14:12:11 BST 2009

On September 1, 2009, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> -- Requested Feedback --
> We have until the end of day Wednesday to ask the graphic designer for
> additional changes. After that I can make minor changes in CSS/HTML
> land. If you have time in the next 24 hours it would be fantastic to
> get feedback on
> (from top to bottom):
>
> 1. Utility navigation (the very top strip): do you prefer Design 1 or
> Design 2? 2. Banner carousel: necessary or not needed?

Personally, I prefer the first design. Although the carousel is nice, I don't
think it's essential.

What I like about the first design is the additional footer that gives direct
link to subsections.

> 3. Entry points: 4 panes (Design 1) or 3 panes (Design 2)?
> 4. Additional praise?

> 5. Additional concerns?

The lack of a search bar on the first design is problematic. Search is always
a good option.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste at canonical.com