hang branching from shelve-editor

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Wed Sep 30 04:34:35 BST 2009

Ben Finney <ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> writes:
> > John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> > > Which means it is doing on-the-fly conversion of 27k revisions.
> >
> > oh, and doing it with a version of bzr <2.0.0 such that it was using
> > InterDifferingSerializer for a remote fetch, rather than streaming it
> > locally and converting.
>
> Wow. I have no idea how I would determine this from the symptoms; I
> wonder how many others in similar situations are just giving up on
> “slow Bazaar”.

Incidentally, I notice that <URL:https://dev.launchpad.net/Getting>
still lists Bazaar 1.16.1 as a minimum version, although I recall people
here saying that was untrue and should be changed to something like 1.18
for similar reasons. It's likely many people are (without us noticing)
giving up on Bazaar, or Launchpad source, or both, because the declared
minimum doesn't work smoothly.

> > I don't think the streaming stuff landed in 1.18, so the only way to
> > get streaming conversions is to use 2.0.0. But even better is to use a
> > local --2a format repo, so no conversion is necessary.
>
> Okay, I'll try this, thank you.

With a “2a” format repository, the checkout succeeded, thank you.

--
 \       “If you are unable to leave your room, expose yourself in the |
  `\            window.” —instructions in case of fire, hotel, Finland |