Confused about versions ... 1.17, 1.18rc1, 2.0rc1

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Tue Sep 8 04:04:01 BST 2009

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 05:00:54AM +0200 I heard the voice of
Vincent Ladeuil, and lo! it spake thus:

> The intent with separating source release and announcement was to
> have installers and packages ready when the announce is made.

There may well be packagers who use the release announcement to know
when there's something to package.  Not all of the package maintainers
are going to be involved enough to be tracking the list and know when
the special pre-release release happens.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net