metronome mail for Bazaar 2.0 and 1.18

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Sep 3 04:53:40 BST 2009

I'm thinking 'heartbeat' might be a better name for this mail series,
because of the way they get faster at the exciting moments.

The basic state is:

 * bugs: 2 critical bugs, both in progress, see
<https://edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+milestone/2.0>; two would-be-nice
bugs
 * releasing: need another rc2, can do that any time now that
<https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/422849> is fixed
 * plugins: gradually being updated to 2.0
 * dogfooding: planning to do this with spm this afternoon, since the
upgrade bug is fixed
 * Karmic: after 2.0rc2 we should apply for a feature freeze
exception, I think, and use that to track any problems with updating
plugins

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>