bzr-svn and subversion revisions

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Wed Sep 2 10:33:02 BST 2009

Russel Winder wrote:
> For working locally, local Bazaar revision numbers are fine.  However
> when discussing things with the poor sods who have yet to discover the
> brilliance of using Bazaar as a Subversion client :-)  they need
> Subversion revision numbers.
>
> When bzr-svn does a merge/pull from the Subversion repository, it
> reports the Subversion revision number as well as the Bazaar revision
> number.  But is this number stored?  Yes it is and can be viewed in the
> log.  However, viz and qlog don't seem to offer a way of seeing this
> number.  I guess Bazaar Explorer doesn't either.
>
> Is there a sane way of having viz, qlog and Bazaar Explorer offer the
> Subversion revision number as well as the Bazaar revision number or is
> command line and log the only possibility?
It is technically possible (and not very hard). We have functionality in
log that allows plugins to extend the key/value pairs that are displayed
for a revision. qbzr/bzr-gtk/bazaar explorer could display these extra
key/value pairs and would automatically gain the ability to display svn,
git and hg revision numbers/shas/etc.

Cheers,

Jelmer