Case sensitivity

Larry Drews ldrewsNOSPAM at thesoftwareronin.com
Mon Aug 31 14:17:59 BST 2009

Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> wrote in news:h7ggaf$b4h$1
@ger.gmane.org:

> Actually bzr has very good support for renames, and if you treat change
> of case as rename (even implicit) and you commit this rename explicitly,
> then there is no history hell as you describe it.
>
> So any interaction with windows file system should be done only on a
> working tree level.
>

> Alexander

OK, so a working practical approach is as follows:

1.  When I acquire the source files and before adding them to Bazaar, make
all of the source filenames lowercase.

2.  If, inadvertently, a filename changes case, use bzr rename to keep the
history stitched together.

3.  If I am trying to track a StarTeam repository, good luck.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Larry Drews
TheSoftwareRonin