RFC Summary: Home page wireframe

Emma Jane emmajane at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 10 18:39:33 BST 2009

On Monday 10 August 2009 1:22:22 pm Inky 788 wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Emma Jane<emmajane at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Wireframe image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/emmajane/3807793779/
>
> It looks to me like the "Extend" and "Plugins" blocks should be
> consolidated into one single block.

The bar along the very bottom is the "Standard Footer" of the page and is
present on every single page. There should be a LOT duplication in the footer
against the content of the first green/yellow row. The final design will
probably NOT keep the same colours in the footer, this is just to show that
the contents flow in columns as well as rows.

> Also, the "Documentation" and "Support" blocks seem like they should
> both be inside of the "Help" block.

Hopefully the same answer as above. :)

> It looks like the only purpose of the "VCS Solution" block is to
> appeal to suits, and so the top-left is good placement for that.

Excellent.

> Oh, also, isn't Bazaar now officially part of the GNU project?
> Shouldn't that be mentioned on the front page?

Aye. I ran out of space to put text into the wireframe. There will be a lot
more room once it's a real Web site. I've added a note to make sure that text
includes the full, "It is an official GNU project, licensed under the GPLv2 or
later, at your option. " which is currently on the home page.

regards,
emma