Https and proxy support in urllib2

Maritza Mendez martitzam at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 23:12:19 BST 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org>wrote:

> John Arbash Meinel writes:
>
>  > Of course, if they are capable of installing the latest bzr, they are
>  > probably equally capable of installing a newer version of python.
>
> FVO capable = have an Internet connection.
>
> FVO capable = can get approval from boss/IT/NSA, there's actually
> quite high probability of getting the app they need by itself, but not
> if it involves an upgrade or multiple installs of supporting software.
>
> I have no personal experience of having a requisition denied or
> delayed for such reasons, but this is something that comes up over and
> over again on python-dev.  From credible sources, not just whiners, too.

Adding my $0.02...  This is a real issue in some workplaces.  Fortunately,
I'm able to give all of my team-members (not just developers) local admin on
their own Windows boxes.  But other places I have worked are super-strict
about this (much to the detriment of productivity).  So the discussion in
this thread, though painful to the bzr dev's, is valuable to users.

~M