[rfc/patch][#320119] log uses inclusive revision ranges; inconsistent with other commands

amanic at gmail.com amanic at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 03:14:39 BST 2009

hi,

things I have done:
* log -r 1..2 now only shows r2
* the old behaviour is still available with the new options --include-lower-bound and -i
* made the test pass. whoohoo!

things I haven't done yet:
* updated the lower level API's i.e Branch.iter_merge_sorted_revisions,
  because I want to test if its really necessary, before I change those api's
  (I've done the work already, but I think I want a little feedback before I add it to the mix)
  (actually I think it will not be that tricky to add it properly,
   but I'd like to test with and without it for interest sake. so I'll defer until I had some sleep)
* updated any code docs or user docs. (will do if we know what we want)
* for now I left the behaviour of -c alone. so it is exactly the same as -r with one rev.
* I assume `bzr missing` needs to change in the same way.
  I think that can be done separately later
* log -r 1 will only show rev 1 (this is done by another branch I submitted, which I could merge it with this if required)

feedback needed:
* Do you have better option names for --include-lower-bound & -i?
* Do we want to make -c to mean -r -n0  (i.e default to level 0) ?
* Which things you would want to review/land together with this, and what not.

btw. I tried to explain most of my changes in my commit messages, so if the diff is unclear,
  you can check the log, or ask me, or get me to add a comment.

also available at lp:~amanica/bzr/320119-log_exclusive_lower_bound2/

--
<| regards