RFC: Bazaar Web site Home Page Redesign

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Thu Aug 6 05:52:41 BST 2009

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org> writes:

> You absolutely :-) need an exit ramp for "Launchpad", large enough
> to make it clear that use of one is really enhanced by the other.

I would recommend against doing this, actually. There is much negative
feeling (among those I talk VCSen with) around the perception that
Bazaar is somehow tied to use of Launchpad, whereas Mercurial and Git
are less restrictive because they have no such ties.

Adding such a thing prominently on the website would reinforce this
“Bazaar! Launchpad! Canonical! All the same thing, innit!” that turns a
lot of people away from Bazaar-the-VCS.

I think it's plenty that “Bazaar hosting” as a search term will return
Launchpad as the first hit.

--
 \        “If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let |
  `\                 'em go, because, man, they're gone.” —Jack Handey |