Hello, and a question..

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed Jul 29 05:44:35 BST 2009

2009/7/29 INADA Naoki <songofacandy at gmail.com>:
>>> I have lp:bzr stacked branch and bzr ls, bzr info, bzr status commands
>>> use network.
>>
>> You have a local branch stacked on lp:bzr, or you have a branch on
>> Launchpad stacked on lp:bzr and then a checkout of that?
>>
>> The first case is supported, but not guaranteed to be fast if the
>> fallback repository is remote; bzr often reads from both the stacked
>> and stacked-on repository.
>
> I have tryied first case before.
> I tryied second case after your mail.
>
> bzr co --lightweight lp:bzr bzr-co
> cd bzr-co
> <cut network>
> bzr ls
> bzr: ERROR: Unable to connect to SSH host bazaar.launchpad.net;
> (10053, 'Software caused c
> onnection abort')
>
> bzr info
> bzr: ERROR: Unable to connect to SSH host bazaar.launchpad.net;
> (11001, 'getaddrinfo faile
> d')
>

>>> Is there any API for look workingtree without connecting branch/repository?
>>
>> I think most wt APIs should not open the branch.  info, for example,
>> does open the branch, because it tells you about the branch.  ls
>> should not; status I think should not.
>
> I tried bzrlib.workingtree.WrokingTree.open_containing() from IPython.
> It failed without network.

Yes, you're right in your bug report and I was wrong.  I thought we
had changed the wt so that it did not open the branch, but in fact it
always does.  I would like to change it but as I recall Robert thinks
it would be nontrivial.  If there's not already a bug for this, please
file one.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>