Refreshing the Bazaar docs for 2.0

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Thu Jul 23 01:35:44 BST 2009

Philippe Lhoste wrote:
> On 22/07/2009 17:38, Ian Clatworthy wrote:
>> To get the ball rolling, here's the proposed new presentation:
>> http://people.canonical.com/~ianc//bzr2-docs/
>
> Nice.
> I have suggested some improvements (for add/ignore in User Reference)
> recently, I don't know if they were noticed or valuable enough to be
> taken in account...

Were these proposed as a merge proposal? attachment to a bug? I haven't
seen them but I'll happily review and merge them if all ok.

> The User Guide: I /don't/ like the "break everything in tiny pages". Too
> much to click through (and not even quick navigation jumps yet), it
> makes impossible to print the doc

One of the other advantages of moving to Sphinx is that we get PDF,
HtmlHelp, QtHelp and a few other formats for "free". I'm yet to confirm
this but in theory that means we can more easily ship all our
documentation in the native format on each OS, e.g. WinHelp. Should be
cool if it works!

I'll look at making the printed docs available from the top page. I'll
also look at adding a "Download" link that lets users download the
documentation in the various output formats.

Ian C.