AW: RFC: bzr rm is hard to use

Voelker, Bernhard bernhard.voelker at siemens-enterprise.com
Thu Jul 16 08:44:01 BST 2009

in advance: sorry for comparing with non-OS ClearCase.

I still don't understand what exactly `bar rm` does or should do.
Does it only remove a file entry from the directory "from now on"
(so that it's possible to go back to an older version of that file),
or does it entirely destroy the versioned file (forever)?
In ClearCase, these are 2 different operations, and you can even
merge back a file which has just been "taken out of service" a few
revisions ago.

BTW: if you destroy a versioned file changed in the working tree
in ClearCase, then it goes to a lost+found area. I like this.
If it was not changed, I'd personally expect the file to be vanished
from the file system after a `bzr rm`.

Have a nice day,
Berny