most authoritative branch for bzr dev?

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Mon Jul 6 15:23:28 BST 2009

    jam> Martin Pool wrote:
    >> I think we should point first to lp.  It may be faster because it has a
    >> smart server, though at the moment only over ssh.

    jam> So the biggest headache we've had with this situation is that we often
    jam> work from http://bazaar-vcs.org/bzr/bzr.dev's tip revision, and
    jam> Launchpad hasn't mirrored it yet. So when we go to submit for review,
    jam> everything gets royally messed up.

Which made me wonder after thinking about Martin remark for a
while that I may change my setup to be:
- create all my branches from lp:bzr,
- keep only my integration branch against bazaar-vcs.org since I
  only really need the tighter sync when submitting to pqm, and
  even then...

The former may be a good work-around against lp going mad when
generating diffs for merge proposals (or lp:mad for short) :)

    jam> I believe Robert mentioned a while ago that we might be
    jam> able to change PQM so that it actually manages "LP"
    jam> branches. (So after doing the merge, test, commit it
    jam> would push to lp:... rather than wherever the
    jam> http://bazaar is currently at.)

Or just bind the pqm branch to bazaar-vcs.org.

    jam> Of course, we've also recently had lots of failures for
    jam> PQM trying to connect to lp: or bzr+ssh:// so maybe it
    jam> isn't trivial to get it working.

What is the status there ? Who did work on the subject last
(tricky question in a distributed team :-) ?

        Vincent