IDE integration & GUI tool update

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Thu Jun 25 09:34:37 BST 2009

Dave Murray wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> I'm interested in helping with integration with the Delphi / C++ Builder IDE. Please send me a copy of the xml file you mention.

Hi Dave,

That's great to hear - see attached. There are 3 files:

* an xml file containing the menu definition
* an ini file showing the commands to run for qbzr
* an ini file showing the commands to run for bzr-gtk

It would be nice if you made the selection of application-suite (qbzr vs
bzt-gtk) a preference within your IDE. Alternatively, just pick one. :-)

If you have any questions, let me know.

Ian C.

PS: Longer term, we might have an API for fetching these or put them in
known locations that IDEs can search in. In the short term, I'm keen to
just get a few IDEs using the metadata so we can confirm the UI and
mappings are good. I'd also expect to provide some standard
content-sensitive menus for folders, files, etc. Free feel to recommend
some. :-)