Bazaar Explorer 0.3.1 is available

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Wed Jun 24 08:29:07 BST 2009

Philippe Lhoste wrote:

> As somebody noted, it would be nice to have some information on file
> status in the working tree (not versioned, changed, etc.).
> I expected a context menu on items of the working tree... :-)

That's certainly planned. I believe Alexander is looking into this and
may be able to leverage some code from Gary and/or Lukas to implement it
soon.

> Actually, spoiled by Perforce GUI, I wanted more information /
> operations on a file: look at its history, get diff vs. local version if
> changed, or latest version otherwise (or both if changed?).
> Perhaps capability to delete a file, and to move it (drag'n'drop? and
> rename of course).

All in good time!

Right now, my focus (not Alexander's) is on "teasing" users enough that
they get in and help. :-) Seriously though, Explorer has been a weekend
project for me and isn't on my list of things to complete for 2.0. I've
very happy though to work on it a few nights each week and to keep it
moving. I think it can really rock if all the pieces fall into place
over the next few months.

To be specific, my goal with the 0.3 release was to get it fleshed out
enough for:

1. basic usage
2. users to begin working on translations
3. project maintainers to begin building hats.

Above all though, I hoped to validate that the the proposed IDE
integration strategy was sound (largely done) and to expose the good and
bad bits of QBzr and bzr-gtk (partly done) so these teams get more users
and more patches.

Medium term, I'm all for a great, well-integrated GUI. But *my* priority
in the short term is mocking up the vision and exposing places for those
keen to contribute to do so.

Make sense?

Ian C.