Using bzr with Hudson; problems getting to a branch on the local network

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Wed Jun 24 06:58:47 BST 2009

Patrick van der Velde пишет:
> On the build server I can use the command line to get to the branch in
> the shared directory without problems:
>
> bzr branch file://<DEV_MACHINE_NAME>/share/bzr

This is valid UNC path equal to \\DEV_MACHINE_NAME\share\bzr,
note the prefix is file:// with 2 slashes.

> But when I pass this same file path to the hudson plugin I get the
> following error:
>
> Fatal error (check log for details): bzr: ERROR: Invalid url supplied
> to transport: "file:///Optima41/share/bzr/sp/": Win32 file urls start
> with file:///x:/, where x is a valid drive letter

file:///Optima41 <-- as you could see here it has 3 slashes, and no more valid UNC path, but instead
it's unix-like local path.

Try to pass to hudson plugin the URL file://<DEV_MACHINE_NAME>/share/bzr instead of UNC path.
May be this helps.

> Could this be a permissions error (Hudson is running as a service
> under another account than the one I use to login to the build
> machine) or is it something else? Anybody have any ideas or
> suggestions as to where to look?

It seems the one who wrote Hudson plugin was core unix/linux programmer who made shortcuts somewhere
in URL-manipulating code and assumes it working with posix paths always, e.g. /path/to/dir, not
windows (UNC) paths.

It's a bug in hudson plugin then.