selftest results for PPA 1.15-1 on x86_64

Maritza Mendez martitzam at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 04:12:04 BST 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 8:03 PM, John Arbash Meinel
<john at arbash-meinel.com>wrote:

> I have heard of random lockup/failures with pycurl, which is partially
> why I never have it installed... :)
>
> I realize it should work. But it seems like pycurl keep breaking itself
> (we haven't changed much with how we use it, and yet every time it
> updates it seems we have to go fix something.)
>
> John
> =:->

Thanks, John.  I have been poking around in the bug reports on launchpad.
It seems that when an issue arises with pycurl or ca-certificates the
discussion spirals into confusion pretty quickly.

I have been poking around my installation of pycurl, libcurl and
ca-certificates and have made zero progress figuring out anything useful
from a package level.  I really don;t have time to dive in and become an
expert in any one of these packages right now.  :(

I figure if I can frame a clear report that is easy to reproduce then maybe
that's the best I can do for now.

-M