missing data...

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Thu Jun 11 12:35:44 BST 2009

Olivier R-D пишет:
> Hi all,
>
> We have started to use bazaar at work for a small team.
> We have a main branch on a linux server and only one user on a windows
> machine with tortoisebzr.
>
> his branch is bound to the server so when he writes commit its work gets
> committed directly on the server.
> The last 2 days he did not have network connection and works with bzr
> commit --local
> now today he tried to commit to the server but got a warning that it was
> not possible because its tree needed to be update. (this is strange
> because nobody updated the server branch)

This is side effect of `bzr commit --local`

> so he wrote bzr update
> he got 2 conflicts so he had to fiks them
> then he committed his work to the server
> then he did a bzr log and, apart from his last log, all revisions where
> from last week .... The work done the last 3 days is not there.,
> everything committed with --local is gone ....

Run bzr log -n0 and check again. Your revisions should be indented.
If you're using qlog (GUI log from Tortoise) they will be hidden under
big circle with + sign inside. Click on + and revisions will be revealed.

> So what can have happen ? he, and me, are not expert in bazaar so many
> things can have happen but I would really like to find again those
> revision and avoid the problem in the future

Good news is: your revisions are not lost. Even if it seems they're lost
you still able to find them. But first check as I said above.